Ahhh, finally. The cool weather is here. And I’m getting cozy throw blankets and fireplace vibes.
Don’t get me wrong, I love warm weather but hey, we can’t do anything about the seasonal change except for embrace it and adjust to it for the time being. Which is why I’m writing this post.
Warmer weather brings out the bright and cheery side of us from our fashion to our homes. While cooler weather brings out the loving, calm and cozy side of us. If that’s not the case for you, oh well! The fall just makes my heart smile as I can finally slow down and take deep breaths and just take in all the things that I am so grateful.
Cooler weather is also another reason to re-decorate, re-organize or whatever I find necessary to do at home.
I love when people say my home is so warm and cozy… I literally just smiled from ear to ear. Warm and cozy just makes me so warm, happy and cozy lol. I love it. It’s such a loving and welcoming feeling. So, let’s talk about how you can create the same warm and cozy feeling in your own home.
How to create a warm and cozy home:
1. Paint, paint, paint! I love a good reason to paint. Painting your home a warm and cozy color such as light gray or white. Your paint color is one that can work with any season but if you’re wanting a good start, well get to painting.
2. Add Wood elements. I absolutely love bringing a bit of the outside in. Incorporating warm wood elements into your home will automatically give you a nice warm and cozy feeling. You can start simple by adding wood shelves, wood decorative accents or highlighting your wood floors if you have them.
3. Add throw blankets and throw pillows. Blankets and pillows are a super and easy way to add a cozy feel to any space. Throw a few pillows on your couch with a nice throw. Throw blankets and pillows are a MUST for me. I love a nice warm throw. I’ll use a throw all year round. During the warmer months, simply drap it across a loveseat or chair. Check out http://themodestdecor.com for throw blankets and pillows.
4. Add Plants. Listen, I am a plant lady. Yes, I said it. Plants are so warm and inviting and they literally bring life to any space. Now, I know everyone wasn’t blessed with a green thumb. And I am not a huge artificial plant fan either; however, I understand if you must start somewhere. There are many options for choosing really nice and “not so fake looking” plants. Start with a tall, real or artificial fiddle fig. Actually one of my favorite plants. You literally can’t go wrong.
5. Mix and match. Your furniture, your style and your colors. You don’t have to go the “safe route” by purchasing the full loveseat, sofa and chair set. Get one and mix and match the others. Play around with modern and rustic pieces or modern and Scandinavian pieces. This idea is sure to make things interesting, fun and cozy.
I hope these 5 tips gave you some insight and courage to tackle your home and make it more warm and cozy. Remember, warm and cozy doesn’t mean fill every corner in your home. You can stick with a very basic and minimalist style.
I’d love to hear from you. How would you rate your home on a warm and cozy scale from 1-5 (1 being the least). If you need help and advice on how to pull it all together, reach out so we can chat and workout a design plan that’ll work for you and your family.
As always, thanks so much for reading my post and be sure to check out my decor store http://themodestdecor.com